I am extremely honored and thankful to announce that I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Ruth of thatautisticfitchick. Her blog is a great resource for mental and physical wellness; as she mixes her personal struggles and triumphs with delicious healthy recipes. Please check out her blog and excellent writing. Thank you, Ruth!
As part of accepting the Sunshine Blogger Award, I’m to answer to the questions offered by the person who nominated me. Ruth’s questions and my answers are as follows:
Answering the 11 Questions
1. Tell me something about yourself that isn’t common knowledge (this doesn’t have to be deep and personal – it could be a popular food or band you dislike).
When I was about 15 years old, my mom left me instructions to roast a chicken by placing it in a preheated oven of 350 degrees at approximately 3:30pm; in order for it to be ready for dinner by the time she got home from work. So, I did exactly that; somehow overlooking the important detail that the pan was a vital part of this formula. It is because of my actions, on that fateful day, that people across the world hold to the belief that sometimes it’s easier to do something yourself. You’re welcome, world!
2. What would be your ideal day out?
Sleeping in. Going out to breakfast with friends; followed by disc golf and a movie.
3. What historical figure would you like to have afternoon tea with?
I’m not sure what this says about me, but I never think about this sort of thing. In pondering this question, I’m thinking of all the composers whose music I love and all the interesting and compelling people who have left their mark on their world. Yet, I don’t really care to have tea or do anything particular with any of them. If I could venture outside the bounds of the question a bit, I would much rather have tea with family members that I never had the chance to meet; like my great-great-grandmother on my mom’s side, or my grandfather on my dad’s side.
4. What question would you want to ask them?
5. Do you prefer to swim in a pool or the sea?
Sorry to be so contrarian, but I’m a freshwater swimmer (lakes, rivers, creeks). However, I can also get behind a pool without chlorine. If I must swim with the salt, I prefer the clear warmer water of tropics. I’m feeling very fussy right now.
6. Would you rather stay in a 5* hotel or a treehouse that had indoor plumbing?
If we are being literal about a treehouse, I prefer the 5-star hotel. However, I love the peace and serenity of more rustic accommodations that allow me to experience the simplicity of nature while escaping all the stimulations of modern life.
7. What fictional character would you like to be and why?
See question #3. I’m not sure why, but I don’t really think about this sort of thing. And if I try to answer the questions, I think it will just seem forced.
8. Would you change your past even if you knew it would mean you wouldn’t be the person who you are today?
This is a very interesting question. I am guessing that most of us would tend to answer, “no,” and I suppose I lean that way as well. However, wouldn’t it be interesting to know who we would be if our past was completely different?
9. What is the best meal that you have ever had?
I love my mom’s Thanksgiving Turkey dinner. I have been trying to replicate it in recent years, but haven’t been able to get it just right. But I love trying.
10. What are you deeply passionate about?
I am deeply passionate about classical music.
11. Three wishes…standard genie rules….go!
My first wish would be to always find peace and contentment with what is instead of yearning for what could be. 2nd wish, to never wish for more. 3rd wish… oh darn!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to recognize each other; to nominate those who make them smile and bring sunshine into their lives. In that spirit, I nominate the following terrific bloggers who fascinate, inspire and challenge me with their well written and often emotional posts. In becoming more familiar with their work in recent days, it has been incredibly moving to learn more about their personal journeys. Some of you show incredible vulnerability; it’s inspiring. Congratulations!
11. Somer Lovin
11 Questions for my Nominees!
Please only respond to the questions you feel comfortable answering. In addition, you are under no obligation to participate in any way. As a nominee for the Sunshine Blogger Award, you decide if you would like to create your own blog post; as I have done in response to my nomination from Ruth of thatautisticfitchick.
1. What is one food combination you eat that would bewilder most people?
2. What TV show do you watch that you’re most embarrassed to admit?
3. What is one of your favorite memories?
4. What is one thing that you will do differently today; something outside your typical routine?
5. What is one quality that you absolutely love about yourself?
6. What or who do you love most in this world and why?
7. What is your favorite part of blogging and why?
8. What is your least favorite aspect of blogging and why?
9. What is one thing or event from your life that most pleasantly surprised you?
10. What is one thing you could do right now that would elevate your emotional state?
11. What are you most thankful for and why?